Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Urgent emails

From time to time I get urgent emails (usually forwarded) from friends and family members. They are usually sent with the intent to warn me of some scam, computer virus or health related issue. Recently, as I recall in one day I received the same forwarded email from no less than six people. All of them had in the subject line a mention of the urgency of the situation and the impending danger these warnings were trying to prevent.
I'd like to post this blog with a sense of urgency. This is really intended for friends or family of mine, or anyone else who reads this who are followers of Christ.
Here is the urgent message:
6000 of the 16000 people groups in the world are considered unreached by the Gospel message. That's 2 Billion people!!!!The question I ask myself and the question I ask you is "what are you doing about this EMERGENCY?"
In and effort to do what Hebrews 10:24 commands us to do I encourage you to go to Between Two Worlds a blog by Justin Taylor and look down the page to a video posted on August 17th.
Please share with me what you are doing. I so need to learn from you.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on the blog!! :) In response, I've just moved to Kosovo! Not sure if the Kosovars are one of the 6000 unreached, but I know this can be a springboard for future ministry once I have learned the language. Anyways, I'm striving to be obedient to what the Lord has asked me to do, and I want to make the commitment to always follow Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commneting Connie. Your example encourages me and many others to be obedient to the Lord's direction. I prayed Eph. 1:17-23 for you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reads & thanks for the reminder of "urgent emails" yours is on target..miss you all so much @ Fountain of Grace

    ReplyDelete