Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Picking up where I left off

Well hi there! I haven't written anything since April. Got out of the habit I guess.
This is my start-back blog.
I'd like to tell you a little bit about our(Pam and me) trip to Russia. Rather than give a lot of details I just want to talk about a couple of major impressions.
The similarities between the southern US and Southern Russia.
1. People think that tires buried halfway into the ground make a nice yard border.
2. Trees painted white from the ground up to about 3-4 feet are prettier than those without the paint.
3. Comb-overs are a good way to deal with a bald head. Saw some doosies!
An impression about the Body of Christ
The people in the city we visited were nice enough but seemed to be like many in our country-sad, stressed out and tense. There was very little eye-contact, even less smiling our acknowledgement of another person's existence. When we gathered for worship with the Church it was very different. People smiled, looked us in the eye and made a connection with us.
I participated in two worship services while there. The service lasted two or more hours and consisted of singing, praying, testifying preaching and more praying. I didn't understand a cotton pickin word. But, oh how I recognized the presence of the Lord among us. There was such engagement on the part of the worshippers. As I stood there listening and entering in in my own language there was sense of His being with us. The Holy Spirit brings unity around the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ. It was one of the most wonderful experiences of worship I've ever been a part of. It made me look forward to the day when those from every tribe and tongue and nation will gather to give praise to the Lord of Glory. I am so thankful that I got to taste just a little of this.
Soon, we will live in that forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment